Monday, April 23, 2012

AP English Literature and Composition Test Study Plan

As the AP test fast approaches, I have an odd calm about me. I'm not all that worried about the test. I am decently confident in my writing abilities and I feel that I can understand and analyze literature decently well. However, decent isn't what I am striving for. I know that I need to brush up on my lit terms (thank you Dr. Preston for quizzing us on them. It really helps me), and I could definitely use some tuning up on my multiple choice methods. Over the next two weeks, while preparing for my three other AP tests and completing various scholarship applications, I plan to spend some time working on the multiple choice questions provided here. I plan to do about half a test every day, going over the answers with friends and discussing why we answered them the way we did. I will also do a couple of practice essays in order to hone in my analysis skills. I will also discuss these with classmates and my parents.

By the time the test comes, I plan to be as prepared as possible. I hope to complete all seven of the multiple choice tests provided and at least three of the free response/essays provided. As I do this, I must budget my time, spending some of this study time on homework given in class, studying for other AP tests, and applying for scholarships that I desperately need for next year. I will do my best to study for this, and my other tests, while balancing my other obligations. It's all about prioritizing, and right now, AP tests and scholarships have the top spot. Let the studying commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment